Today’s Question is for Std III Science
We at GIS have a parents Tug of War for mothers of students versus teachers and a relay for fathers along with students and teachers. First 20 entries for each event will get to participate on Saturday. Those wishing to take part in the parents’ events on Sat at Kanteerava Stadium may please call Latha Verghese on 97312 63093 between 12 noon and 2.30pm on Friday 21st to register.
We hope you have viewed your invite for the 11th Annual Sports Meet to be held at Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Bengaluru, on the 22nd November 2014 (Saturday) here on our school’s newsletter.
The programme begins at 12.30 pm. All parents are requested to grace the occasion to encourage and applaud the efforts of students and make the event a grand success.
However, we would appreciate if you could kindly be in your seats at least 10 minutes prior to this time, taking note of the allotted place for parents of pre- primary students.
Parents of pre – primary students kindly note:
- All students of Nursery and Prep will participate in this event. They will be picked up in the morning by their respective school buses one hour later than the regular time so as to reach school by 9 am.
- They will go with their teachers to the stadium by school buses.
- They will have to wear the given costume along with white socks and white shoes and will need to carry dry snacks, a hand towel and water for the day. Kindly label all belongings.
- There will be no drop facility on that day. Students of Nursery and Prep will be handed over to their parents only after the Inaugural ceremony which is scheduled to last for about 45 minutes. Parents are requested to be ready to pick up their wards, with ID cards issued by the school, as and when announcements are made, without disturbing the flow of events and continue to witness the Sports.
Parents of Std I to X students kindly note:
- All students will be picked from their respective stops one hour later than the scheduled time. Please call Northstar to know the exact pick up time.
- ‘Walker ‘ students must report to school at 9a.m.
- Grade IV to X students will come dressed in track pants, school T-shirt, white shoes and socks. The ID card is a must.
- Girls with long hair must braid it, neck length into pony tails( black hair band) and for short hair, black headbands can be used. Loose hair must be pinned using black hair clips. Boys must get their hair cut short.
- Nails should be trimmed and NO ACCESSORIES TO BE SPORTED INCLUDING WATCHES.
- Students must carry sufficient dry snacks, lunch, fruit juices and water.NO PARENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO MEET THEIR WARDS DURING THE EVENT.
- Please note that pick up of the students from the stadium is parents’ responsibility as the venue must be vacated by 3.30 p.m. We count on your cooperation for the smooth conduct of the entire event.
Thanking you and looking forward to your co-operation as always,
Please click below to download the syllabus and timetable for cycle tests of Std III and IV with S.St. portions corrected:
Please click below to download the syllabus and timetable for cycle tests of Std III and IV.
Please click below to download the class test schedule for std I to IV in the coming week:
Please click below to download the class test schedule for std V to X in the coming week:
Kindly note ,Std III and IV will not be having Swimming and club activities( art and craft ,nature and music club)from Wednesday 05.11.14 till Sports day i.e 22.11.14.
Regular activity classes will resume from 25.11.14.
|TESTS FOR THE WEEK 3RD NOV TO 7TH NOV 2014, SCHEDULE|
|5.11.2014||VA,B,C||BIOLOGY, II LANG FRENCH, ENGLISH|
|5.11.2014||VI A, B||HISTORY,BIOLOGY,ENGLISH|
|5.11.2014||VIII||II LANG FRENCH, ENGLISH, HISTORY|
|6.11.2014||VI||II LANG FRENCH, ENGLISH|
|6.11.2014||VIII||III LANG FRENCH|
|7.11.2014||V C, B||ENGLISH|
|7.11.2014||X||BIOLOGY, II LANG FRENCH|
We would like to conduct Krishna Colouring Competition in collaboration with ISKCON, for Std 1 to 7, in GIS campus in the month of November. Children who wish to participate need to submit Rs 30/- latest by 5th November, Wednesday along with a diary note from the parent.
Kindly take a note of the following:
- School remains closed for Diwali from 22nd to 26th October.
- Cycle Tests / Unit Tests (III to VIII) and Examination (IX – X) will commence / start on 1st December, 2014.
- Students of IX and X will be attempting an 80 mark paper in all subjects. All portions done till the third week of November will be included.
- Std III – VIII syllabus for Cycle Tests/ Unit Tests will be uploaded by mid November.
- National Science Olympiad is scheduled for 25th November.
- Sports Day is scheduled for 22nd November
In an attempt to strengthen discipline amongst GIS students, it has been decided after deliberation, to levy a fine of Rs 50 on student defaulters. The fine would be imposed after 3 warnings or when action taken by the teacher doesn’t yield adherence to existing school rules.
Note: The amount received will be used for charitable purposes.
Asset reaches out to students of Std III upwards at GIS. They have a question bank and send one question for the day for a particular class/subject. Hence, questions pertaining to all classes will be uploaded in the newsletter as and when we receive.
Please refrain from answering the questions on your child’s behalf and encourage your child to participate in this activity.
GIS/Cir/Principal/14-15 / 20th September 2014
We will be conducting various Competitions for all Kannada Students of GIS from Std I-X in connection with ‘KARNATAKA RAJYOTHSAVA’ Celebrations. Details are given below.
- ‘Hand Writing’ (Kannada) Competition…….. Std I – X .
- ‘Shishu Geete’ competition (Kannada)……….Std I (time limit: 2 mins.)
- Kannada ‘Devotional Songs’ Competition………….Std II (time limit:2 mins)
- ‘Expansion of Proverbs’ – Competition ………… Std III & IV(time: 2 mins)
Topics for competition no.4
a)“Uppiginta ruchiyilla, taayiginta Bandhuvilla”
b) “Gidavaagi baggaddu, maravaadaaga baggeete”….?
c)“Kai Kesaraadare baaymosaru”. .
- Story telling Competition (Kannada) …… Std… V, VI & VII – (2 mins.)
- Speech Competition (Kannada) …… Std VIII, IX & X- (3 mins)
Topics for competition no.6
- “Shaala college galalli neethi Shikshaana”. (moral education in schools & Colleges).
- “Namma naadu Karnataka”. (Karnataka – our beloved state).
- All Prelims will be conducted in the respective Kannada classes from 10.2014.
- Finals of all Competitions will be held on 3rd Nov 2014 in the auditorium.
- Special Kannada assembly will be on 7th Nov 2014. Certificates will be given away for the Winners in the assembly.
Kindly follow our blog to get regular updates from the school.Click on the ‘Follow’ link given at the bottom right corner of this page.
Thanks. Your comments and feedback are welcome :)
Monday 24th November 2014 has been declared a holiday due to Sports Day Celebration on Saturday 22nd November .
Today’s Question is for Std III Maths
Today’s Question is for Std III Science