Please note that we have half working days from 15th Sep onwards
due to first term examinations of std V to X.
Also note the following:
- Std I to IV will have half working days till 26th Sep 2014 which is their last working day of this term.
- Sep 27th is Parent Teacher Meeting for std I to IV, the timing for which will be intimated to you shortly.
- Std I to IV work half days during the first term and final examination of senior students. During this time regular classes and assessments are held for them.
- The last working day of this term for Std V to X is 27th Sep.
- PTM for Std V to X is after the holidays. You will be intimated of the same later.
- There is no exam for std V on 18.9.14 and 26.9.14. However, these are also working half days for them (not study holidays) and monitored revision will be conducted on these days.
This is to remind you that from tomorrow students of Std 1 to 10 will have half working days due to First term examination of std 5 to 10.
In view of your child’s safety please note the following points and we request you to kindly co operate :Avoid picking students during school hours unless there are some unavoidable circumstances/ emergency.
- Parents /guardians are not allowed to pick their ward from school at 2.30 pm directly while students board the school bus after school.A written note with permission from the School Principal to be obtained.If Principal is not available permission from section co ordinators /admin manager to be sought.
- It is observed that some of the parents/guardians drop their ward outside the school without ensuring if they have entered the school.Request you to hand over you ward to the responsible school authority inside the premises.
- For students upto grade II ,it is mandatory that parents pick up their ward after showing their ID card to the bus attender.
- For students from grade III to X ,who reach home unescorted from the bus ,the school authorities to be intimated for the same.
- It is noted that some of the students are frequently coming late to school.No student will be allowed to attend school after 8.15 am.
- It is mandatory for all students to put on their identity cards.Parents to ensure to make them responsible to carry their ID cards,required books ,stationery ,etc.
- General turn out to be appropriate to the school rules.
- During PTM parents are requested to carry their ward’s ID cards for security checking.
Kindly note after school activities will be stopped with effect from Monday the 15th September 2014 and resume from Monday the 13th October 2014.
A VERY HAPPY DASARA TO ALL PARENTS & STUDENTS OF GIS FAMILY !
Please note that the National Cyber Olympiad for Grade 2 to 10 will be conducted in the school premises on October 14th 2014.
Please ignore the earlier post and download the revised timetable and syllabus updated with French portions from the link below:
First Term Exam 2014 Syllabus and Timetable
1.No Exams will be re conducted in case of absenteeism.
2. School is closed on Friday, 5th September as GIS faculty and staff is going on a field trip.
Competitions scheduled for Hindi divas(Std I to IV) are as follows :
1. Handwriting – Grade I-IV (1 Paragraph)
Books will be provided to them in class rooms.
On 8th September
2. Chut kule (Hindi Jokes) – Grade I – IV
Last date for submission – 3th September.
3. Hasya kavitha – Grade III- IV
Last date for submission – 3th September.
4. Picture comprehension – Grade I – IV
Pictures and papers will be provided in the classroom.
On 10th September
Winners in Handwriting and Picture Comprehension will be announced on 11th Septmenber . Hasya kavitha and Chut kale (jokes) participants will be selected and they will perform on 11th September.
Note : Students who got selected for finals – Chut kule and Hasya Kavitha (will be announced on 4th september) have to perform on 11th Septemeber. So, they are requested to learn their Kavitha and chut kule respectively.
Let’s celebrate our national language HINDI!
September 16 is Hindi Divas!
Std V – X
Competitions scheduled for Hindi Divas are as follows:
- Recitation – Grade V (above 14 lines)
- Story Telling – Grade VI (3 min)
- Elocution – Grade VII to X (3 min)
- Handwriting – Grade V to VIII
Prelims will be conducted on 8th Sept and selected participants will be informed for the finals which will be held on 11th Sept.
Please download the syllabus and timetable by clicking the link below:
Syllabus CT-II Std III and IV
Kindly follow our blog to get regular updates from the school.Click on the ‘Follow’ link given at the bottom right corner of this page.
Thanks. Your comments and feedback are welcome :)
The topic sheets contain information about what your child has learnt in the month mentioned in the title of this post.
In case you face any difficulty in accessing the topic sheets, kindly report in the comments section or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4th September 2014
The ministry of Human Resource Development Department of school education and Literacy, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi 110015 has requested the Council for the Indian School Certificate examinations, New Delhi, to make arrangements to facilitate viewing of the Prime Minister’s interaction with children of schools on 5th September, 2014 on the occasion of Teachers Day, (details of which are available on the Councils website: http://www.cisce.org).
Following the above directive, GIS will be working on 5th September from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for grades V-X.
Please note the following instructions.
Students of grade V-X will be provided lunch and snacks for evening.
The school buses will leave the premises at 4:00 pm. Accordingly, please make arrangements to pick your ward from the destination. The drop timings have been informed to your ward and can also be downloaded from the link below.
Thanks & Regards,
Please download the details about pickup and drop timings for 5th Sep by clicking on the following link:
Sep-5 pickup drop